Online fitness communities are a fantastic way to keep you fitness fanatics stay motivated during your training. They can help you work out from the comfort of your home without feeling alone.
It’s pretty established that one of the best ways to remain loyal to your workout routine is involving others. Competing and sharing challenges during exercise sessions boosts your adrenalin, and keeps you active.
So, let’s check out the top five fitness communities to help you meet your fitness goals.
Fitbit is a great community to maintain your health while competing with others. It allows you to join fitness groups with specific activities such as running, cycling, swimming, and more.
You can also post photos on the Fitbit community page to flaunt your workout sessions and inspire others. The site lets you connect up to 10 individuals on the app to compete and throw fitness challenges.
Fitbit offers fitness wearable gadgets as well. These devices automatically track stats, like steps taken, distance moved, stairs climbed, and other activity levels. Remember, you can use the Fitbit site even if you don’t own any of the fitness gadgets.
- Offers app for Android and iOS.
- Encourages communities of like-minded people.
- A simple interface and an easy-to-use dashboard.
- The app is free to use. But you will be required to purchase a Fitbit premium version with monthly and annual plans, for advanced features.
One of the largest fitness communities, MyFitnessPal offers a free smartphone app and website for its users. This is one of the best platforms for calorie counting.
You can track daily calorie and nutrient intake using a database of over five million foods with nutritional information. MyFitnessPal offers a unique food diary to assist you to understand your habits and help reach your fitness goals smoothly.
MyFitnessPal is a great tool to reach your goal, as it guides you to lose weight and is also effective for those who want to gain weight. The app makes it easy to estimate how much your calorie intake should be and how many calories you need to burn to reach your fitness goal.
The app keeps you motivated and offers you to join a fitness community available 24/7 for your support. Here, you can ask questions, get fitness tips, share success stories, and find like-minded friends.
- Offers app for Android and iOS as well.
- A very active community with round-the-clock support.
- Can be synchronized with most fitness trackers.
- Provides a detailed report with calorie counting.
- Free with no hidden charges.
- Users may struggle to find certain foods in the database, as there are often multiple entries of an item.
- Entries need to be manually entered or synced with another app.
Fitocracy provides users an option for a personal online trainer. Whether you’re a beginner or pro, the expert coach guides you to reach your fitness goals. You’re assigned personalized healthy and sustainable nutrition plans, tailor-made to suit your needs.
With Fitocracy, you can earn points for every workout. You are also awarded various props and badges once you have reached a milestone. You can even sign up for challenges with friends and other chat groups to stay motivated.
On the app, you’ll find special workout plans. These sessions are prepared by experts, and you can follow them set by set to get the best fitness results.
- You can enjoy free workouts, for any experience level.
- Stay motivated by winning prizes when you for special achievements.
- Easy-to-view interactive charts for your various exercise sessions.
- Go through daily fitness articles and tips from the Fitocracy Knowledge Center.
- Get health tips from a positive online fitness community.
- You need to pay a minimum of $1 per day to get the services of a personal coach.
With a community of over 6 million women, PumpUp is dedicated to women’s fitness. The app has proven workouts, programs, and challenges. It also tracks your exercise routines and lets you upload photos on social media.
With PumpUp, you can choose specific fitness routines to target certain muscles or body parts. You’ll also find many video demonstrations in the app, with voice prompts to help you stay on track.
You can access the feed of people you follow and get feed for the most popular posts. These posts may show a user’s fitness progress or can demonstrate ideas of healthy eating.
The premium version of PumpUp gives you access to a variety of workouts with specific themes. You can enjoy a variety of guided programs and find a workout that is most suited to your routine.
- Get special workouts for abs, glutes, legs, and chest.
- 24/7 support community that keeps you motivated.
- Video and audio guidance.
- You need to pay $14.99/month for the premium version to access a larger database of workouts.
Strava records your distance, pace, speed, and total calories burned. It’s one of the greatest fitness-sharing apps for running, biking, hiking, kayaking, yoga, and other training programs at the gym.
You can add friends from your Facebook list or phone contacts, and enjoy various workouts sessions. The global community brings together athletes from all over the globe. It keeps your friends updated with your workouts, and you with theirs.
The best part of Strava is that it focuses on local fitness activities. You can search for nearby routes that other Strava users have used, and try them on your own. The premium version even lets you see how your time compares to other users.
- You can make your own fitness community and arrange challenges.
- It allows you to post your workout statistics on the app for your friend to share.
- You need to pay subscription charges to access advanced analysis.
Get Moving With These Online Fitness Communities
Social fitness apps are on the rise these days, making it easier than ever to work out. Online fitness communities serve as great motivators for your individual workout needs, while making exercise even more fun.
Joining a community of the same interest makes workouts more fun and motivates you to stick to your routine, even when you feel like giving up.
Looking to exercise and get healthy? Here are the best free fitness apps for iPhone for working out, tracking diet, and more.
About The Author