Staying fit is important and one can easily do so at home. But there is so much more to home workouts than just following fitness influencers and watching fitness videos. Setting a routine that includes just exercising three days a week is good enough for beginners. Just make note of all the simple exercises to do at home for beginners, turn your motivation on, and get started!
With the kind of rat race that we are in, it is important that we take out some time to exercise, be it of any type. Weight training or yoga, the important thing is to keep moving forward and try and be consistent. The following is a guide on everything that a beginner needs to know about fitness and workout.
1. Benefits Of Simple At-Home Exercises
2. Simple Exercises To Do At Home For Beginners
3. Must-Have Equipment For Simple At-Home Beginner Exercises
4. FAQs: Simple Exercises To Do At Home For Beginners
Benefits Of Simple At-Home Exercises
Regular workout has various benefits like increasing stamina, strengthening the core, boosting the immune system, improving bone health, and lowering health risks like heart problems, diabetes and other diseases.
- Simple exercises to do at home for beginners help you maintain a healthy lifestyle and keep you fit without even paying anything. As it is, with the COVID-19 pandemic, we are forced to stay indoors, so why not spend some quality time keeping the body fit? You can use the money meant for a gym membership to buy equipment that can be used to do weight training at home.
- Home workouts mean there’s no commute or packing a bag or even getting ready involved. You can simply set up a place and start working out. It is convenient, and you can exercise at any time of the day.
- Working out daily will help keep all health problems at bay and will also keep you mentally fit. Staying active is important, so get into a routine and manage your time at home effectively and efficiently, performing simple exercises to do at home for beginners.
- You can easily use technology to learn or follow any kind of workout. You can add or subtract new things, upgrading your workout routine with the help of a variety of videos, podcasts, online classes, or live streaming. So, working out at home can’t get boring, as there will always be something exciting to do.
Tip: Set small reminders on your phone to alert you to drink water and to work out. This is a small and effective way to never miss out on the basics. Additionally, always make sure you do your warm-up and cool-down exercises.
Simple Exercises To Do At Home For Beginners
Here’s a list of some easy exercises you can perform even if you’re just a beginner in the world of fitness.
Do chair squats to strengthen your legs and core. Beginners can easily do this exercise, and after perfecting the pose, you can do it without the chair.
Beginners who want to start doing push-ups can go for knee push-ups. Simple exercises to do at home for beginners are easy to perform; this one helps you build the strength to do regular push-ups.
This simple yet effective cardio exercise is one that anyone can do at home and work out their entire body. Hence it is beneficial to add this to your everyday exercise home workout routine!
Beginners can start by doing stationary lunges and slowly build their way up. This workout helps strengthen the core as well as the lower body. Later, in an advanced stage, you can add dumbbells to this routine.
Bring out your yoga mats for this one! As one of the simple exercises to do at home for beginners, this one aims at your core and targets your abs.
If you want to get rid of belly fat, this one is for you! It also targets the inner thighs and your hips. Beginners can start doing it by staying stationary and can slowly add movement as they progress.
This workout is all about stability and balance. It is a doable workout for beginners and can easily be done in a large room with just a yoga mat.
Tip: Create your workout playlist to ensure you have fun while you work out.
Must-Have Equipment For Simple At-Home Beginner Exercises
While you don’t need equipment to work out at home, you can invest in these items if you’re looking to build a home gym at a minimal cost.
- Jump Rope: 10 minutes of skipping is the equivalent of a 30-minute jog. It’s also easy to use and store.
- Dumb-bell Set: There’s a wide range to choose from, and if one is into weight training, having a set at home makes it easier to exercise and avoid the gym altogether.
- Resistance Bands: These bands can be placed around the quads, knees or ankles during various simple exercises to do at home for beginners like squats or banded walks.
- Medicine Ball: This is all-rounder equipment that can be used in different ways to ensure an effective workout.
- Balance Ball: This equipment ensures that you will have fun while working your core muscles. It can also be used for stretching.
- Treadmill: This equipment allows you to go for a jog or walk without actually leaving the house. Get your cardio done easily using a treadmill!
- Pull-Up Bar: Just install one anywhere in the house and it is good to go. It is great for pull-ups and comes in handy for a full-body workout.
- Yoga Mat: A yoga mat can not only be used for doing yoga poses but also for a variety of other simple exercises to do at home for beginners.
- Bench: This versatile equipment can be used to do leg raises, seated shoulder presses, decline push-ups, and even abdominal exercises.
- Weighted Arm Bands: These can be used to do arm workouts.
Tip: Make sure you understand how to use the exercise equipment the right way before you begin.
FAQs: Simple Exercises To Do At Home For Beginners
Q. What workout routine should one ideally follow using simple exercises to do at home for beginners?
A. The beauty of home workouts is that you can exercise in your safe space. And although starting your day early to workout out has its benefits, not everyone can do that. Just be consistent, and manage your timings. Create your own ideal workout routine which involves eating healthy, staying hydrated, doing warm-up and cooling exercises and working out as per your ability.
Q. Can you suggest workout podcasts to follow for workout tips and motivation?
A. The Body Project posts regular fitness content on YouTube. Chloe Ting is another YouTuber who has various videos where she teaches easy workouts, tips, and everything you need to know as a beginner starting their workout at home. Apart from that, here are some workout podcasts to follow for simple exercises to do at home for beginners:
- The Broken Brain Podcast With Dhru Purohit: This contains interviews with top experts on mental health, relationships, functional health, fertility, stress, brain health, etc.
- Fat-Burning Man: This is a must-listen for anyone who doesn’t know much about fitness and health. Abel James simplifies subjects like nutrition and training and makes it all easier for you to understand.
- Wellness Mama: The host Katie Wells talks about fitness, toxins, natural living, parenting, motherhood, and holistic health.
- Crunches & Cosmos: The host, Mickie, motivates, inspires and educates listeners about the latest exercise programs and products for women that are on the market. Aimed only at women, this podcast will help you discover all the fitness tools and resources that will make your own exercise routine even better. Check it out for simple exercises to do at home for beginners!
- 40+ Fitness Podcast: Why should workouts be reserved only for young people? This podcast aims to share everything related to workout and fitness, specifically aimed at people over 40 years old.
Q. What are some precautions to keep in mind before starting simple exercises to do at home for beginners?
A. Make note of these pointers:
- Consult an expert first so you don’t end up doing exercises that cause you injury or harm.
- Clear out enough space to exercise at home.
- Wear proper clothes and shoes to avoid discomfort and injury while working out.
- Check your form and posture while exercising.
- Do not overexert yourself with simple exercises to do at home for beginners or you could end up with a serious injury.
Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator