© John Cheng
TOKYO, July 26, 2021 – The U.S. men’s artistic gymnastics team took fifth in the team competition at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games Monday at Ariake Gymnastics Centre. Team members Brody Malone of Belfast, Tenn., Sam Mikulak of Newport Coast, Calif., Yul Moldauer of Wellington, Colo., and Shane Wiskus of Spring Park, Minn., posted a combined 254.594 but were eclipsed by the Russian Olympic Committee (262.500), Japanese (262.397) and Chinese (261.894) teams who rounded out the medal podium and fourth-place Great Britain (255.760).
Malone and Mikulak will return to action Wednesday as the U.S. representatives in the men’s all-around final. Malone and Mikulak will each have a second opportunity to earn an individual medal August 3 in the horizontal bar and parallel bars finals, respectively. Moldauer also earned an event final berth and will compete on floor exercise August 1, while specialist Alec Yoder of Indianapolis, Ind., will look to claim an individual medal on pommel horse the same night.
The women’s team final kicks off Tuesday at 6:45 a.m. ET. The individual event schedule for artistic gymnastics at the Tokyo Olympic Games is listed below in eastern time.
- Women’s team final: July 27, 6:45 a.m.
- Men’s all-around final: July 28, 6:15 a.m.
- Women’s all-around final: July 29, 6:50 a.m.
- Men’s floor exercise, women’s vault, men’s pommel horse and women’s uneven bars finals: August 1, 4 a.m.
- Men’s still rings, women’s floor exercise and men’s vault finals: August 2, 4 a.m.
- Men’s parallel bars, women’s balance beam and men’s horizontal bar finals: August 3, 4 a.m.